The E-Vine: A Weekly News Update from St. John’s April 30, 2015
- This Sunday: Jesus uses an image that is very familiar to us here in the Napa Valley. He compares our lives in Him and in the world to the cultivation of a vineyard. Unless we, the branches, remain connected to Him, the vine, we will bear no fruit. For it is impossible to bear fruit without the vine. How are you staying connected to the Vine? What is the fruit Jesus desires to bring forth in you?
- Confirmation: This Sunday is Confirmation Sunday. At the 10:15 AM service fourteen young people will confess their faith in Christ and commit their lives to following Him. In other words, commit to remaining in the vine, so that they might bear fruit for the Kingdom of God by their lives. In fact, that is what all Christians are called to do. May His Holy Spirit bless and empower all of us to live lives of Kingdom fruitfulness.
- Acts 8:26-40
- 1 John 4:1-11
- John 15:1-8
- The Presentation of Confirmation Projects will be on Thursday, April 30th, at 7:00 PM in the Sanctuary. The congregation is invited to attend as our students present their projects based on their Confirmation Bible verse.
- INVEST Pledge Forms: Please return the pledge form which you received in the mail. This is a way to state your commitment to invest in your relationship with the Lord and His mission, but also to help us as we plan our ministry and budget for the coming fiscal year. You can return the form to worship or to the church Additional pledge forms are available in the church entryway.
- Our K-9 Comfort Dog is here! We welcome Aaron Comfort Dog to our St. John’s staff!
- Mission India: Please keep our Mission India Literacy trainer in your prayers. As announced in church, we have met the goal for financially supporting our trainer for this year. But we are still collecting support for Mission India which will go toward supporting other literacy trainers. To support this ministry financially, please make out your check to St. John’s. You can use the designated offering envelopes or write on your check that it is for Mission India. For more information about our partnership with Mission India and the opportunity to change lives and draw them to Christ, see the display in the church entryway.
- John’s is on Twitter Follow St. John’s on Twitter: @sjlcnapa.
- Are you on Facebook? So are we! https://www.facebook.com/sjlcnapa
- Abide Daily Devotion: How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and to subscribe to receive the devotion in your email each morning. https://stjohnslutheran.net/abide-devotion/