Our streaming services are really about home worship. Sign in alone, gather with your family and join in. These services are interactive, involving sharing together, praying together, discussing God’s Word together, and – if you desire – singing together. The live stream is here to guide and support your worship in your home.
Live stream worship will involve a live text chat. This is an important part of connecting with each other and sharing our input, feedback and prayer needs.
Strength in our Weakness
“The Blessings of Generous Giving”
July 25, 2021
As We Gather
In chapters 8 and 9 of 2nd Corinthians, the Apostle Paul’s focus is on riches and poverty. He is gathering an offering for the poor in Jerusalem. In joy and amazement, he shares with the believers in Corinth the eagerness on the Macedonian churches to participate. Out of their extreme poverty, the grace of God moved them to give beyond their ability. Paul invites the Corinthians to know the blessings of generous giving as well. This generosity not only provides for the needs of the poor, but it also overflows into praise and thanks to God. Do you know the blessings of generous giving? Today’s 2nd Corinthians text highlights how the Lord enables us to be generous and cheerful in our giving.
Live-stream and in-person worship begin at 9:30 AM. Please CLICK HERE to download the handout, and to link to the live-stream itself.
We will be streaming on our Facebook Page as well: CLICK HERE
Worship Notes for July 25th, 2021
On July 25th, we will celebrate Holy Communion. Please see “CELEBRATING THE LORD’S SUPPER” below.
Family and Children Resources
“Children’s Church Lesson” This is a weekly Sunday School/Children’s Church type lesson for parents to lead with small children. Please use this at home during this time when we are unable to offer our regular Children’s Church. Here are this week’s suggestions:
- THIS WEEK’S PRE-K LESSON CLICK HERE
- THIS WEEK’S ELEMENTARY LESSON CLICK HERE
- COLORING SHEET ONE CLICK HERE
- COLORING SHEET TWO CLICK HERE
- TAKE HOME FLYER CLICK HERE
- THIS WEEK’S VIDEO CLICK HERE
CELEBRATING THE LORD’S SUPPER
For those who are streaming, we will be celebrating the Lord’s Supper in the same way that we have been during these days of quarantine. Please to go this page on our website for information regarding Holy Communion at St. John’s during COVID-19, as well as how to prepare. CLICK HERE
Also, take a look at this video with an explanation by Pastor Mike: CLICK HERE
Preparing for Live Stream Worship
Normally when we prepare for worship, we need to shower, get dressed, get in our cars and drive to the sanctuary. You don’t need to do any of that for the home-based streaming worship at St. John’s. But there is still some preparation (which won’t take as long as the items mentioned above!)
- Download the worship notes for the service. The worship notes contain the reading and other items for worship. The notes also include the reflection and discussion questions, as well as suggestions for singing. If you will be participating on your phone or pad, you should print the handout because you will not be able to switch windows and keep the YouTube live going.
- Sign up for a Google or Gmail account if you do not already have one. In order to take part in the Live Chat with YouTube, you need to have a Google or Gmail account. It doesn’t take long to set it up. For a guide to signing up, please go here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en If you don’t want to see the chat feed, or you want to turn it off for part of the service, just click the “hide chat” button at the bottom of the feed. When you want to see the feed again, click the “show chat” button at the top.
- Prepare a comfortable place to worship. Plan to be totally engaged. Remove other things that may distract you. You may want to light a candle or use some other means of recognizing that this is a time for worship.
- Pray that the Lord prepare your heart. Perhaps the most important step. This is an very different way to worship, so we should pray for the Holy Spirit’s present and guidance.
If you need help with any of these steps, please contact Pastor Mike. He or someone else will assist you.