Discipleship is growing in imitating Christ. It means growing in the character of Christ (becoming more like Him), and the competency of Christ (doing what He did). One helpful way to pursue growth is to focus on these seven basic marks of discipleship:
- Constant in Prayer A disciple has an active prayer life, and is growing in praying with and for others.
- Grounded in the Word A disciple is constantly in the Word – reading, studying, memorizing, following and applying the Word for daily life.
- Faithful in Worship A disciple is dedicated to faithful worship, worshiping with others weekly, and cultivating a personal/family devotion life.
- Spiritual Friendships A disciple lives his or her faith in relationship, participating in a discipling group or study group.
- Loving Service A disciple seeks to love all people, and strives to serve people inside and outside the St. John’s family.
- Intentional Generosity A disciple is growing in generosity, giving time, talent and treasure to be a blessing to others and to serve God’s mission.
- Compassionate Witness A disciple shares the love of Jesus in word and deed, and so seeks to make more disciples.
Participation in a growth group provides the opportunity and encouragement to grow in these marks of discilpleship
Current Bible Studies. Please contact the leader or the Church Office for more information. All are welcome!
- “2 Samuel” (Wednesday, 13:00 AM, ZOOM) A study of the book led by Pastor Mark. Please contact Pastor Mark for ZOOM access.
- “Matthew” (Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study, Saturday morning 8:00 AM ZOOM.) Led by Ron Johnson. Please contact Neill Barker for ZOOM access.
- “Loving God Greatly” (Women’s Bible Study, Thursdays,1:00 – 2:30, Sanctuary ON HOLD DURING COVID) Various four week studies from the Loving God Greatly series , led by Judy Rock, Teresa Schmid, and Lauren Huss