What we believe about children:
- We believe that children are vital and valued member of our congregation.
- We believe that the spiritual development of children is a priority.
- We believe as members that it is important for us to support children’s ministry through prayer and resources.
- We believe that the child’s family is the most important component in raising children who have a personal relationship with Jesus. The congregation is here to support that development by supporting the family and the child.
The goals of children’s ministry at St. John’s:
- INTRODUCE children to the Gospel
- MINISTER to their needs spiritually, socially, emotionally and physically
- PRAY for them that they will…
- ACCEPT Christ as their Savior
- CONNECT them with other Christians
- TRAIN them for a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ
Children’s Church (during the 10:15 service)
Children are encouraged to sit with their parents for the early part of the worship service. They are then dismissed by the Pastor to leave church with their Children’s Church leaders. The children who are in Preschool, Kindergarten and First Grade meet in the Preschool Classroom. Children in Second, Third and Fourth Grades meet in the Library/Computer Room. The older children are dismissed by their teachers when church is over and may walk back to the church to meet their parents. If you have younger children, please go to the Preschool Classroom to pick them up when church is over.
Children’s Ministry Events
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL: One week of amazing fun, fellowship and Bible truths for children in Preschool through 5th Grade. Usually the last week in June.
For more information, contact Director of Children’s Ministry Janis King (226-7970 or email@example.com)