In Matthew 6:19-21, Jesus says this:
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Where are you storing up your treasures? Where is your heart?
We will be distributing copies of the book “The Treasure Principle” by Randy Alcorn at the end of January and the beginning of February, one per household. The brief easy to read booklet is a meditation on Jesus’ words above. These are the main points that we will be focused on for this three week series
1. God owns everything; I’m His money manager. We are the managers of the assets God has entrusted–not given–to us.
2. My heart always goes where I put God’s money. Watch what happens when you reallocate your money from temporal things to eternal things.
3. Heaven–the New Earth, not the present one–is my home. We are citizens of “a better country–a heavenly one”. (Hebrews 11:16)
4. I should live today not for the dot, but for the line. From the dot–our present life on earth–extends a line that goes on forever, which is eternity in Heaven.
5. Giving is the only antidote to materialism. Giving is a joyful surrender to a greater person and a greater agenda. It dethrones me and exalts Him.
6. God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving. God gives us more money than we need so we can give–generously.
We will be mailing additional material related to this series in the mail shortly. We will be focusing on “The Treasure Principle” on February 9, 16 and 23rd. On February 23rd and March 2, we will be invited to bring response forms to offer before the Lord, stating our plans to worship Him with our treasure. May God bless our hearts and lives with his generosity as we store up our treasures in heaven.