This Week’s Memory Verse
He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field.
This Sunday: We continue our worship series on the book of Exodus: “Our Deliverer.” The people of Israel, enslaved and oppressed in Egypt, needed a deliverer to come and save them. We are in need of a deliverer today as well. Thanks be to God that we have deliverance in Jesus Christ, our Savior. As we study the story of Moses and the Israelites, we will be reminded of our deliver, Jesus Christ, and the call to follow where He leads us.
Moses’ first appearance before Pharaoh didn’t go so well. In the aftermath, Pharaoh and the Egyptians were upset with him and so made life more difficult for the Israelites. And so the Israelites were upset with Moses as well. And Moses was upset with God for doing nothing. But then the Lord says, “Now you will see what I will do.” When everything seems hopeless, it’s not.
- Exodus 5:1-6:12; 7:1-6
- Luke 24:13-35
- Earthquake Preparedness: Are you ready for the next one? What should you be doing now in preparation. Ken Arnold, of the Napa Valley College Police department, will lead a 1 hour presentation on this topic after the 10:15 service on September 28 (11:30) in the gym. He will also provide information on additional training in the area of disaster preparedness.
- Wednesday Morning Bible Class – This class, led by Pastor Mark, meets on Wednesdays, This year we will be studying the book of Galatians. This is a detailed study as we work our way through this book verse by verse. All who are available on Wednesday mornings are welcome to join us. Class meets each Wednesday morning in Room 10 from 10:30 – 11:30 AM.
- Abide Daily Devotion: How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and to subscribe to receive the devotion in your email each morning. http://stjohnslutheran.net/abide-devotion/
- Sanctuary Choir practice is on Wednesdays, 7:00 PM in the Sanctuary. All are welcome!
- John’s Lutheran School proudly presents… Disney’s Peter Pan, Jr. is an adaptation of the classic 1953 animated feature film based on J. M. Barrie’s timeless story! Please join us November 5th-8th, 2014, in the SJL Parish Hall at 7pm. A potential Preview Performance is still TBD. Mark your calendars! Seating is limited. More information about purchasing tickets will come in the near future. Questions? Please contact Sarah Kramer. firstname.lastname@example.org or 226.7970. We can’t wait to see you there!
- Usher Teams needed: We are in need of ushers for the 10:15 AM service. Usher teams serve approximately once a month, making this a convenient way to serve our Lord and His people. Please contact Gary Virkus or the church office if you can help with this ministry.
- Communion Wine Donations: We are welcoming wine donations. One to two bottles of wine are typically used for a service. Donations should be a minimum of two bottles. If you would like to donate wine, please make arrangements with Bob or Doris Klein before bringing the wine to the church. They can be reached at (707) 253-8625 or email@example.com.