This Week’s Memory Verse
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. ~John 1:14
This Sunday: In each sermon of our Advent series, a voice from the edge reorients our way of life in the world. This week that reorientation is a change from a life of self-service to a life of self-sacrifice. The season of Advent, a time dedicated to preparing for the coming of Christ, has become a time of indulgence to the consumeristic drives of our culture. The voice of the apostle John, exiled on Patmos, invites us to reconsider our priorities, and to live in self-sacrificial love as our response to the coming of the Lord.
· Revelation 21:1-7
· Romans 12:1-8
· Luke 9:23-27
· Thanksgiving Worship: What are you thankful for this year? Let’s gather as the people of God to give God our thanks for His gifts to us. We will have a Communion worship service on Thanksgiving Day, November 27th at 9:30 AM. Please bring non-perishable food items for the Napa Food Bank.
· Baptism Workshop: Are you interested in Baptism for yourself or for your children? Our next Baptism seminar will be on Tuesday, December 9th, at 7:00 PM in Room 8. This will be led by Pastor Mike and Pastor Mark. Please notify the church office if you would like to attend.
· CERT Training: The Church will be offering Community Emergency Response Training (CERT), which is a nationally recognized emergency training course that teaches essential emergency response skills. The training is available free of charge to Church members and will be offered
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Emergency Response & Preparedness
8:00am – 5:00pm
Disaster First Aid
6:00 – 9:00pm
Response to Unusual Situations & Managing an Emergency
8:00am – 5:00pm
Responding to Fires & Search and Rescue Disaster Exercise
Enrollment is limited to 24 people, so you must be able to attend all four sessions. For more information or to enroll, please contact: Ken Arnold – email@example.com
· Thank you to all veterans who filled out our survey form. Please also consider filling out a form for fathers, brothers, etc. who were once our members. Return forms to the box in the Narthex.
· Abide Daily Devotion: How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and here to subscribe to receive the devotion in your email each morning.
· With Love From Home: Operation With Love from Home will be collecting sweets for our troops. Every care package sent to our troops is sweetened up with a yummy bag of assorted candy. It is just one of the items the troops really enjoy…a little taste to remind them of home Girl Scout Troop #10862 will set up a bin at the school office for collections
· 6:00 PM Prayer Time: Our Lunch Bunch Bible Study group agreed to pray each evening at 6 PM for the safety of the U. S., our troops, our citizens, and return our country to a Godly nation. We invite you to join us in prayer at this time wherever you are.
· Usher Teams are REALLY needed: We are in need of ushers for the 10:15 AM service. Usher teams serve approximately once a month, making this a convenient way to serve our Lord and His people. Please contact Gary Virkus or the church office if you can help with this ministry.
· Communion Wine Donations: We are welcoming wine donations. One to two bottles of wine are typically used for a service. Donations should be a minimum of two bottles. If you would like to donate wine, please make arrangements with Bob or Doris Klein before bringing the wine to the church. They can be reached at (707) 253-8625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.