Passion Readings from the Gospels
In the sermon of Palm Sunday (https://youtu.be/2HuqDjEnZYw ) , Pastor Mike recommended a reading plan for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of Holy Week. The goal is to let the Word “fix our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2)” during Holy Week.
Here are the recommended Passion Readings for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday:
- Monday, March 29 – Matthew 26:17 – 27:66
- Tuesday, March 30 – Luke 22:1 – 23:56
- Wednesday, March 31 – John 18:1 – 19:42
Our focus on Jesus then continues with the Holy Week services on Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday.
- Maundy Thursday (April 1), 7:00 PM – We commemorate the institution of the Lord’s Supper. This will be a communion service
- Good Friday (April 2), 7:00 PM – This will be a traditional Tenebrae service, with he gradual darkening of the sanctuary, as we commemorate Christ’s death for our salvation. Guest preacher will be Pastor Ted Zimmerman.
- Easter Vigil (April 3), 8:00 PM – The Vigil is the beginning of the Easter celebration. The service will begin with the Service of Light in the Faith Chapel (weather permitting), and process into the sanctuary.
- Easter Sunday (April 4) There will be two services on Easter Sunday. Both will be communion services
- 9:30 AM – In the sanctuary and streaming
- 11:00 AM – In the Faith Chapel. Because we will be outside, this service will involve live musicians and congregational singing.
May God bless your Holy Week as you fix your eyes on Jesus!