This Week’s Memory Verse
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~2 Corinthians 13:14
As We Gather
Our guest preacher on Sunday will be Rev. Aaron Putnam, the Executive Director of LINC Bay Area (www.lincbayarea.org). LINC Bay Area is a Christian mission organization, working in partnership with the California-Hawaii-Nevada District of the LCMS, that seeks to restore the people of the Bay Area to God and to each other through Jesus Christ. LINC Bay Area seeks to do that by empowering local leaders, starting new ministries, and impacting communities.
First Reading Genesis 12:1-3
Psalm: Psalm 96
Second Reading Philippians 2:1-11
Gospel Matthew 28:16-20
Children’s Church… Kelsey Uffmann, Kristi Carey, & Danielle Irwin
- DCE Intern Kevin Mathison. . . Our new intern will begin his internship on June 1. We will be formally installing him on June 10. Please keep Kevin in your prayers as he prepares for his ministry here.
- Congregational Meeting… We will be having a congregational meeting on June 3 after the 10:15 AM service (approximately 11:30 AM). The agenda will include the election of board members, adoption of the Ministry Plan and Budget for 2018-2019, as well as revisions to the By-Laws.
All documents pertaining to the June 3 Congregational Meeting are on the table in the church entryway (narthex). They are also available on the church website. Go to “Resources”, and then “Ministry Documents.”
- Agenda for the Congregational Meeting June 3, 2018
- Proposed Ministry Plan and Budget for 2018-2019
- Summary of the Ministry Plan and Budget
- Proposed By-Law Revisions
- Board of Director Candidate Information
- State of the Ministry: Report on the Ministry Plan for 2017-2018
- Minutes of the Congregational Voters Meeting of June 18, 2017
- Praying for Stephen Ministers…”So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and He answered our prayer” (Ezra 8:23). Finding Stephen Ministers is the next step for our congregation’s Stephen Ministry. Right now we are praying for the individuals God is calling to serve as caregivers. Please include this need in your prayers. God answers our prayers because He is faithful. For more information about Stephen Ministry attend one of the information meetings in Room 10 either Sunday, June 3 at 7:00 PM or Monday, June 4 at 1:30 PM.
- Ministry Trends: Concerns and Opportunities . . . There will be an open forum on Monday, June 11 at 7:00 PM in the Sanctuary. The purpose of this open forum is to initiate conversation and prayer regarding the future of St. John’s. We will be looking at trends in our culture regarding faith and the church at large. We will also be taking a hard look at trends in our own congregation regarding demographics, worship attendance, the makeup of our school, finances, staffing and offerings. This meeting could be the beginning of a deliberative process over the next year involving leaders and interested members of our congregational community as we ponder the Lord’s will for us. All are invited.
GOD IS THE SOURCE AND OWNER
OF ALL. AS STEWARDS, WE
POSSESS WHAT HE ENTRUSTS
The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it ~Psalm 24:1
- “New Tricks Club”… Announcing a new club for AARP eligible persons willing to try something new! Learn to design, build and program robots in a positive environment. Free classes will be held on Wednesdays, June 20, 27, July 11, 18 from 6:30-8:30 PM in the Library. If interested, please contact Mike Newton.
- Special Concert… Team Aaron Comfort Dog encourages you to attend a special concert, “Philmharmonik” presented by Vintage High School on June 2nd at 8:00 PM in their gym. Come watch excerpts from your favorite blockbuster films set to musical scores performed by Vintage musicians and vocalists. This is a free concert, but donations will be accepted for the support of the Society for Teen Suicide Prevention. Please see attached flyer.
- Will You Leave A Legacy As A Disciple Of Christ?… Your help is needed in Children’s Ministry at St John’s Lutheran Church. We are currently looking for some additional Children’s Church Leaders. What’s required for the job? A love for Jesus and a love for children! We provide the resources for what you teach(the curriculum). Your commitment is usually for one Sunday a month during the 10:15 am worship service. Please contact Janis King immediately! Thank you for prayerfully considering this special opportunity as a disciple of Christ!
- VBS is coming up in just a few weeks! This year we are going to be SHIPWRECKED
the week of June 25-29th with a very special concert on Friday morning! YANCY will be here to share the love of Jesus with the kids and us!! We are hoping that you are able to help out with VBS in some way! It takes so many volunteers to make this happen at SJL! Will you be able to volunteer? There are many different jobs! Like crafts, snacks, games, leading the kids from room to room, etc. There’s something for everyone! Here’s a link to the volunteer sign up website.We truly appreciate you and hope we can count on you to be there! If you have any questions please call Janis King @ 707.226.7970 ext. 107 or email Janis email@example.com Please don’t delay! Plans are already being made and we need to know if our volunteer positions will be filled! Thank you! Here’s the link to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040d4faaaa2bab9-gotta
- Youth Events
Club 56 (5th and 6th Grade) will meet on Tuesday, June 5th from 6:00-7:30 PM by the Snack Shack.
Ablaze (7th & 8th Grade) will meet on Tuesday, June 5th, from 6:00-7:30 PM by the Snack Shack.
Abide (High School) will meet on Tuesday, June 5th at 7:00 PM for Bible Study, Games & Snacks. We are studying the Gospel of Mark. Join us at the Hoff’s, 10 Glen Court, Napa, CA. For questions, contact Elaine Hoff at 707-227-2588.
We have a BBQ and Games Welcome Event for Kevin and the new incoming freshman planned at the Hoff’s (10 Glen Court) at 4:00 pm on Sunday, June 10th. For questions, contact Elaine Hoff at 707-227-2588.
- Worship Preparation Team Members Needed… Please consider joining our team! This important ministry needs some additional helpers – individuals, couples, families, friends! Many volunteers mean that you only have to serve one or two months each year, so grab a friend and contact Doris Klein and Betsy Gewirz or call the church office if you are able to serve our Lord in this way.
- Women’s Bible Study will be on break for the summer and will resume in August. Stay tuned for more detailed information!
- St. John’s Facilities Online Calendar: Looking for a room for a meeting or event? You can view this calendar online. Go to https://teamup.com/ks059311afd6a21c57 If you would like to book a room/location on campus for an event/meeting, please contact Christy Kramer at the church office to be added to the calendar. Please note: You may only use the facility if you have pre-reserved your requested room/location with Christy Kramer
- Mission India: Please keep this year’s Mission India Literacy trainers in your prayers. To support this ministry financially, please make out your check to St. John’s. You can use the designated offering envelopes or write on your check that it is for Mission India. For more information about our partnership with Mission India and the opportunity to change lives and draw them to Christ, see www.missionindia.org.
- Aaron Comfort Dog… New team members are always welcome! Come join us and observe how this amazing ministry works. Please contact Tim or Christy Kramer if you would like to “shadow” during one of our events!
- Aaron Comfort Dog Contact Info: If you would like to request a visit from Aaron, please contact Tim or Christy Kramer @ 255-0119. For an update on his activities, please check out his Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages at AaronComfortDog.
- Ministry Opportunity: St. John’s participates in The Table ministry (based at First Presbyterian Church, 1333 Third St. in Napa) by cooking/serving a meal every month on the 2nd Friday. If you would like to help, please sign up for a shift (or multiple shifts) by clicking here. We thank you for your service. Your time and your talents are greatly appreciated. Blessings, The Table Team
- Recycle your Household Batteries at SJL: St. John’s Lutheran is working with Napa Recycling on collecting and disposing of any household batteries you may have; AAA, AA, C, D & 9 volt batteries. We will not accept automotive or drill batteries, only standard household batteries. Containers are available in the school office, church office, and Room 10.
- Campus Security: Please remember to check that doors are properly closed and locked as you leave the room you are using. Thanks for helping us take care of our campus.
- Abide Daily Devotion… How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and to subscribe to receive the devotions in your email each morning.