This Week’s Memory Verse
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. ~1 Corinthians 2:13
As We Gather
What does it mean to grow as a Christian? What does it mean to be used by God to help another person grow? Paul uses two metaphors to talk about God’s work in the kingdom: It is like a growing plant or a building under construction. We are called to participate in the growth and building, in our lives and in the lives of others, mindful that it is God who truly makes things grow and builds the kingdom on the foundation of Christ.
Old Testament 2 Samuel 7:1-16
Psalm: Psalm 67
Epistle 1 Corinthians 3:1-17
Gospel Mark 4:26-29
Children’s Church… Diane Barbosa & Lisa Thornton
Worship in the Faith Chapel . . . We will be worshiping in the Faith Chapel on July 15th and 22nd. Services will be at the regular times.
Stephen Ministry – Why Lay Ministry?…Stephen Ministry is based on the idea that all Christians are ministers. The responsibility for passing on God’s love is for all Christians, not just a chosen few. God has given us all gifts for ministry and called us to put those gifts to use. Stephen Ministry is a way people with special gifts for caring ministry can use those gifts to bring Christ’s love to people in need. For more information about Stephen Ministry, contact Pam Barker, Penni Cremen, or Pastor Mark.
WHEN WE PLACE OUR TRUST
IN THE LORD, WE COMMIT OUR
WAYS TO HIM.
Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You. ~Psalm 9:10
- “New Tricks Club”… Announcing a new club for AARP eligible persons willing to try something new! Learn to design, build and program robots in a positive environment. Free classes will be held on Wednesdays, July 11, 18 from 6:30-8:30 PM in the Library. If interested, please contact Mike Newton.
- Will You Leave A Legacy As A Disciple Of Christ?… Your help is needed in Children’s Ministry at St John’s Lutheran Church. We are currently looking for some additional Children’s Church Leaders. What’s required for the job? A love for Jesus and a love for children! We provide the resources for what you teach(the curriculum). Your commitment is usually for one Sunday a month during the 10:15 am worship service. Please contact Janis King immediately! Thank you for prayerfully considering this special opportunity as a disciple of Christ!
- Youth Events: Abide (High School) will meet on Thursday, July 12th at 7:00 PM for Bible Study, Games & Snacks. We are studying the Gospel of Mark. Join us at the Hoff’s, 10 Glen Court, Napa, CA. For questions, contact Elaine Hoff at 707-227-2588.
- St. John’s Facilities Online Calendar: Looking for a room for a meeting or event? You can view this calendar online. Go to https://teamup.com/ks059311afd6a21c57 If you would like to book a room/location on campus for an event/meeting, please contact Christy Kramer at the church office to be added to the calendar. Please note: You may only use the facility if you have pre-reserved your requested room/location with Christy Kramer
- Mission India: Please keep this year’s Mission India Literacy trainers in your prayers. To support this ministry financially, please make out your check to St. John’s. You can use the designated offering envelopes or write on your check that it is for Mission India. For more information about our partnership with Mission India and the opportunity to change lives and draw them to Christ, see www.missionindia.org.
- Aaron Comfort Dog… New team members are always welcome! Come join us and observe how this amazing ministry works. Please contact Tim or Christy Kramer if you would like to “shadow” during one of our events!
- Aaron Comfort Dog Contact Info: If you would like to request a visit from Aaron, please contact Tim or Christy Kramer @ 255-0119. For an update on his activities, please check out his Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages at AaronComfortDog.
- Ministry Opportunity: St. John’s participates in The Table ministry (based at First Presbyterian Church, 1333 Third St. in Napa) by cooking/serving a meal every month on the 2nd Friday. If you would like to help, please sign up for a shift (or multiple shifts) by clicking here. We thank you for your service. Your time and your talents are greatly appreciated. Blessings, The Table Team
- Recycle your Household Batteries at SJL: St. John’s Lutheran is working with Napa Recycling on collecting and disposing of any household batteries you may have; AAA, AA, C, D & 9 volt batteries. We will not accept automotive or drill batteries, only standard household batteries. Containers are available in the school office, church office, and Room 10.
- Campus Security: Please remember to check that doors are properly closed and locked as you leave the room you are using. Thanks for helping us take care of our campus.
- Abide Daily Devotion… How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and to subscribe to receive the devotions in your email each morning.