This Week’s Memory Verse
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit–fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in My name. ~John 15:16
- This Sunday: Our Easter celebration continues as we live in the grace and power of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The risen Lord is a life changer. We see that in the lives of the first followers and in our lives as well. Not only were lives changed, but often names were changed as well. Nicknames were given to reflect the changed life. In today’s first reading from Acts, Joseph was called Barnabas which means son of encouragement. The message of the resurrection changed his life and he encouraged others through his support and generosity. The message of the resurrection continues to give grace and power to change us.
- Acts 4:32-37
- 1 John 1:1-2:2
- John 20:19-31
- Joel Wahlers: St. John’s Lutheran School in Orange, California extended a call to Joel Wahlers to serve as their school principal. Please keep Joel and his family in your prayers as he seeks the Lord’s will regarding whether to continue to serve in ministry here, or to accept the call to serve as principal of St. John’s Orange.
- INVEST Pledge Forms: Please return the pledge form which you received in the mail. This is a way to state your commitment to invest in your relationship with the Lord and His mission, but also to help us as we plan our ministry and budget for the coming fiscal year. You can return the form to worship or to the church office. Additional pledge forms are available in the church entryway.
- Second Sunday Potluck: Sunday, April 12, is our ongoing second Sunday Potluck. Please join us and bring your favorite “Asian Food”. Of course we will eat whatever goodies are brought. That is after the second service, See you there!
- Our K-9 Comfort Dog is here! We welcome Aaron Comfort Dog to our St. John’s staff!
- Thrivent Builds Mission Trip…Where: Costa Rica, When: June 13 – 21, 2015, Who: Current college students and those who are 20 and older, What: Assisting a family with the building of their new home, Cost: Thrivent members $940, non-members $1,290, How Many: This event is limited to 15 participants, Registration: Email Pastor Mark for trip and registration details – email@example.com, Deadline: Registration ends April 15
- Mission India: Please keep our Mission India Literacy trainer in your prayers. As announced in church, we have met the goal for financially supporting our trainer for this year. But we are still collecting support for Mission India which will go toward supporting other literacy trainers. To support this ministry financially, please make out your check to St. John’s. You can use the designated offering envelopes or write on your check that it is for Mission India. For more information about our partnership with Mission India and the opportunity to change lives and draw them to Christ, see the display in the church entryway.
- St. John’s is on Twitter Follow @sjlcnapa on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/sjlcnapa
- Are you on Facebook? So are we! https://www.facebook.com/sjlcnapa
- New Narthex Display: The various crosses are symbols of Christ’s sacrifice for our sins.
- Abide Daily Devotion: How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and to subscribe to receive the devotion in your email each morning.