This Week’s Memory Verse
“Jesus replied, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” ~Matthew 22:37-39
This Sunday: Last fall we journeyed through the book of Exodus, walking with the people of God as they were delivered from slavery in Egypt. This summer we will pick up the story of God’s deliverance of His people and continue their trek through the wilderness – both physical and spiritual – as He leads them at last across the Jordan to the promised land.
This Sunday we focus on a conversation between God and Moses, and Moses’ desire to see the glory of God. In response God reveals His character to Moses and to us.
- Exodus 33:12-34:10
- Matthew 12:1-14
- 2015 Church Directories are available for pick-up in the Narthex and the Church Office.
- Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity – Costa Rica Mission Trip – June 13 – 21, 2015
Participants: Bill and Susan Clark, Haley Cremen, Sam Hoff, Megan Perna, Sal Pagano, Melissa Newton, Pastor Mark.
Habitat Costa Rica: Habitat for Humanity Costa Rica is changing lives and communities throughout the country. There are currently over 200,000 families in Costa Rica who live in substandard housing: in shacks with dirt or decrepit floors, with inadequate or unsafe weather protection, and with poor sanitation facilities. Today, over 1500 Costa Rican families have been helped through Habitat of Humanity Costa Rica’s new home projects as well as the home repair and improvement program in the last 17 years.
Trip Cost: Each participant has covered their in-country cost for the trip. We hope to cover the cost for airfare ($6,765) through support donations and available Mission Trip funds. Please prayerfully consider financially supporting this trip. Donations should be made out to St. John’s Lutheran Church – designated: “Costa Rica Mission Trip”.
- Vacation Bible School: Please register by ASAP to make sure your child receives a T-shirt. Here is the link to the registration form found on the church website:
Any questions please contact:
- Jenny Gass at email@example.com or 707-307-3866
- Joy Dahl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-287-7738
- Aaron Comfort Dog Visits: If you would like to request a visit from Aaron, please contact Tim or Christy Kramer @ 255-0119. For an update on his activities, please check out his Facebook page at AaronComfortDog
- Mission India: Please keep our Mission India Literacy trainer in your prayers. As announced in church, we have met the goal for financially supporting our trainer for this year. But we are still collecting support for Mission India which will go toward supporting other literacy trainers. To support this ministry financially, please make out your check to St. John’s. You can use the designated offering envelopes or write on your check that it is for Mission India. For more information about our partnership with Mission India and the opportunity to change lives and draw them to Christ, see the display in the church entryway.
- St. John’s is on Twitter Follow @sjlcnapa on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/sjlcnapa
- Are you on Facebook? So are we! https://www.facebook.com/sjlcnapa
- Abide Daily Devotion: How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and to subscribe to receive the devotion in your email each morning. http://stjohnslutheran.net/abide-devotion/