This Week’s Memory Verse
In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. ~Romans 6:11
As We Gather
Epiphany is about Jesus shining forth into the world as Savior. He shines forth as Savior to the nations, pictured in the adoration of the Magi. He shines forth in His baptism, proclaimed by the Father to be His beloved Son. Today we see Him shine forth in proclaiming the good news of the kingdom. He continues to shine forth in our world today as we proclaim the good news of the kingdom.
Old Testament Jonah 3:1–5, 10
Psalm Psalm 62
Epistle 1 Corinthians 7:29–31
Gospel Mark 1:14–20
Children’s Church Teachers: Diane Barbosa, Lisa Thornton, Kristi Carey, Danielle Irwin
- Ninth Annual Ladies’ Tea… Mark your calendars for Saturday, March 3rd from 11 AM-2 PM. Cindy Watter, a master gardener, will be our guest speaker. Napa High’s Acapella Group, headed by Dave Ruane, will be singing for our entertainment. See attachment for more details.
- Worship Preparation Team Members Needed… Please consider joining our team! This important ministry needs some additional helpers – individuals, couples, families, friends! Many volunteers mean that you only have to serve one or two months each year, so grab a friend and contact Doris Klein and Betsy Gewirz or call the church office if you are able to serve our Lord in this way.
- Women’s Bible Study Please join us for a weekly Bible study on 1 John on Thursdays from 1 – 2:30 PM, in the sanctuary. All women are invited to this new ministry. Invite a friend! Bring your Bible or use one from the church. Notebooks and paper will be supplied. Refreshments will be served. Childcare is available with advance notice. Please RSVP to Teresa, Judi, or Pam (via text, phone, or email) so that we know how many chairs to set up. We hope to see you there!
Teresa Schmid 707-738-7554 firstname.lastname@example.org
Judi Rock 707-738-6707 Jbaboo1771@gmail.com
Pam Barker 707-225-4707 email@example.com.
- Main Event, Shamrock Shindig: SJL’s largest annual school fundraiser, is scheduled for Saturday, March 17th, with a St. Patrick’s Day theme. Please show your SJL support by:
- Donating an Auction Item – – We are seeking donations that will be auctioned off in our silent and live auction.
- Purchase Raffle Tickets – – Enter for a chance to win a TRIP FOR 2 TO IRELAND! $100 per entry. Winner can choose between a golf or non-golf themed adventure. Airfare not included. Drawing will be held 3/17/18. Winner need not be present to win.
- Donate an Auction Item & Purchase Raffle Tickets @ www.sjls-apt.com
- Questions – Contact Dianna Messenger – firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. John’s Facilities Online Calendar: Looking for a room for a meeting or event? You can view this calendar online. Go to https://teamup.com/ks059311afd6a21c57 If you would like to book a room/location on campus for an event/meeting, please contact Christy Kramer at the church office to be added to the calendar. Please note: You may only use the facility if you have pre-reserved your requested room/location with Christy Kramer
- Mission India: Please keep this year’s Mission India Literacy trainers in your prayers. To support this ministry financially, please make out your check to St. John’s. You can use the designated offering envelopes or write on your check that it is for Mission India. For more information about our partnership with Mission India and the opportunity to change lives and draw them to Christ, see www.missionindia.org.
- Aaron Comfort Dog… New team members are always welcome! Come join us and observe how this amazing ministry works. Please contact Tim or Christy Kramer if you would like to “shadow” during one of our events!
- Aaron Comfort Dog Contact Info: If you would like to request a visit from Aaron, please contact Tim or Christy Kramer @ 255-0119. For an update on his activities, please check out his Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages at AaronComfortDog.
- Ministry Opportunity: St. John’s participates in The Table ministry (based at First Presbyterian Church, 1333 Third St. in Napa) by cooking/serving a meal every month on the 2nd Friday. If you would like to help, please sign up for a shift (or multiple shifts) by clicking on the link here. We thank you for your service. Your time and your talents are greatly appreciated. Blessings, The Table Team
- Recycle your Household Batteries at SJL: St. John’s Lutheran is working with Napa Recycling on collecting and disposing of any household batteries you may have; AAA, AA, C, D & 9 volt batteries. We will not accept automotive or drill batteries, only standard household batteries. Containers are available in the school office, church office, and Room 10.
- Campus Security: Please remember to check that doors are properly closed and locked as you leave the room you are using. Thanks for helping us take care of our campus.
- Abide Daily Devotion… How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and to subscribe to receive the devotions in your email each morning.