This Week’s Memory Verse
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. ~2 Corinthians 5:20
As We Gather
We confess that God is love. But what does that mean? Today we consider that God has revealed Himself to us as a triune community of love. The three persons of the Trinity are engaged in an eternal “dance of love,” such that God is truly love according to His very nature. And we are invited to join in the dance.
Old Testament Isaiah 6:1-8
Psalm: Psalm 29
Epistle Acts 2:14a, 22-36
Gospel John 3:1-17
Children’s Church… Erika Boudreaux, Teresa Schmid, Jenny Gass
- DCE Intern Kevin Mathison. . . Our new intern for this next year will be coming to us from Concordia University Texas in Austin. Kevin will be arriving on Monday, May 28th and will begin his internship on June 1. We will be formally installing him on June 10.Please keep Kevin in your prayers as he concludes his studies and prepares for his ministry here.
- VBS Volunteer Meeting… There will be a meeting for VBS Volunteers on Tuesday, May 29th at 6:00pm in Room 10. We will be eating pizza and hearing all about the fun things we have planned for VBS! Please RSVP to Janis King so I can have an accurate count for pizza! Thank you for your service! (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707.226.7970 ext 107) PS We are still in need of more volunteers! Sign up now!!!
- Congregational Meeting… We will be having a congregational meeting on June 3 after the 10:15 AM service (approximately 11:30 AM). The agenda will include the election of board members, adoption of the Ministry Plan and Budget for 2018-2019, as well as revisions to the By-Laws.
All documents pertaining to the June 3 Congregational Meeting are on the table in the church entryway (narthex). They are also available on the church website. Go to “Resources”, and then “Ministry Documents.”
- Agenda for the Congregational Meeting June 3, 2018
- Proposed Ministry Plan and Budget for 2018-2019
- Summary of the Ministry Plan and Budget
- Proposed By-Law Revisions
- Board of Director Candidate Information
- State of the Ministry: Report on the Ministry Plan for 2017-2018
- Minutes of the Congregational Voters Meeting of June 18, 2017
- Who are Stephen Ministers?…Stephen Ministers are individuals who have gone through 50 hours of training to provide high-quality Christian care to individuals experiencing a crisis or challenge such as divorce, grief, loss of a job, hospitalization, relocation, or loneliness. Stephen Ministers are each assigned a care receiver and meet with that care receiver for about an hour a week. This caring relationship will last for as long as the care receiver needs it. If you would like more information on how to become a Stephen Minister attend one of the information meetings on June 3rd at 7:00 PM or on June 4th at 1:30 PM. Feast it Forward Lemonade Stand
FAITHFULNESS IS EVIDENT IN THE
LIFESTYLE OF GOD’S STEWARDS.
“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers” (Galatians 6:10).
- “New Tricks Club”… Announcing a new club for AARP eligible persons willing to try something new! Learn to design, build and program robots in a positive environment. Free classes will be held on Wednesdays, June 20, 27, July 11, 18 from 6:30-8:30 PM in the Library. If interested, please contact Mike Newton.
- Special Concert… Team Aaron Comfort Dog encourages you to attend a special concert, “Philmharmonik” presented by Vintage High School on June 2nd at 8:00 PM in their gym. Come watch excerpts from your favorite blockbuster films set to musical scores performed by Vintage musicians and vocalists. This is a free concert, but donations will be accepted for the support of the Society for Teen Suicide Prevention. Please see attached flyer.
- Will You Leave A Legacy As A Disciple Of Christ?… Your help is needed in Children’s Ministry at St John’s Lutheran Church. We are currently looking for some additional Children’s Church Leaders. What’s required for the job? A love for Jesus and a love for children! We provide the resources for what you teach(the curriculum). Your commitment is usually for one Sunday a month during the 10:15 am worship service. Please contact Janis King immediately! Thank you for prayerfully considering this special opportunity as a disciple of Christ!
- VBS is coming up in just a few weeks! This year we are going to be SHIPWRECKED the week of June 25-29th with a very special concert on Friday morning! YANCY will be here to share the love of Jesus with the kids and us!! We are hoping that you are able to help out with VBS in some way! It takes so many volunteers to make this happen at SJL! Will you be able to volunteer? There are many different jobs! Like crafts, snacks, games, leading the kids from room to room, etc. There’s something for everyone! We truly appreciate you and hope we can count on you to be there! If you have any questions please call Janis King @ 707.226.7970 ext. 107 or email Janis email@example.com Please don’t delay! Plans are already being made and we need to know if our volunteer positions will be filled! Thank you! Here’s the link to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040d4faaaa2bab9-gotta
- Youth Events
Club 56 (5th and 6th Grade) will meet on Tuesday, June 5th from 6:00-7:30 PM by the Snack Shack.
Ablaze (7th & 8th Grade) will meet on Tuesday, June 5th, from 6:00-7:30 PM by the Snack Shack.
Abide (High School) will meet on May 29th at 7:00 PM for Bible Study, Games & Snacks. We are studying the Gospel of Mark. Join us at the Hoff’s, 10 Glen Court, Napa, CA. For questions, contact Elaine Hoff at 707-227-2588.
We have a BBQ and Games Welcome Event for Kevin and the new incoming freshman planned at the Hoff’s (10 Glen Court) at 4:00 pm on Sunday, June 10th. For questions, contact Elaine Hoff at 707-227-2588.
- Worship Preparation Team Members Needed… Please consider joining our team! This important ministry needs some additional helpers – individuals, couples, families, friends! Many volunteers mean that you only have to serve one or two months each year, so grab a friend and contact Doris Klein and Betsy Gewirz or call the church office if you are able to serve our Lord in this way.
- Women’s Bible Study Please join us for a weekly Bible study on 1 John on Thursdays from 1 – 2:30 PM, in the sanctuary. All women are invited to this new ministry. Invite a friend! Bring your Bible or use one from the church. Notebooks and paper will be supplied. Refreshments will be served. Childcare is available with advance notice. Please RSVP to Teresa, Judi, or Pam (via text, phone, or email) so that we know how many chairs to set up. We hope to see you there!
Teresa Schmid 707-738-7554 firstname.lastname@example.org
Judi Rock 707-738-6707 Jbaboo1771@gmail.com
Pam Barker 707-225-4707 email@example.com.
- St. John’s Facilities Online Calendar: Looking for a room for a meeting or event? You can view this calendar online. Go to https://teamup.com/ks059311afd6a21c57 If you would like to book a room/location on campus for an event/meeting, please contact Christy Kramer at the church office to be added to the calendar. Please note: You may only use the facility if you have pre-reserved your requested room/location with Christy Kramer
- Mission India: Please keep this year’s Mission India Literacy trainers in your prayers. To support this ministry financially, please make out your check to St. John’s. You can use the designated offering envelopes or write on your check that it is for Mission India. For more information about our partnership with Mission India and the opportunity to change lives and draw them to Christ, see www.missionindia.org.
- Aaron Comfort Dog… New team members are always welcome! Come join us and observe how this amazing ministry works. Please contact Tim or Christy Kramer if you would like to “shadow” during one of our events!
- Aaron Comfort Dog Contact Info: If you would like to request a visit from Aaron, please contact Tim or Christy Kramer @ 255-0119. For an update on his activities, please check out his Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages at AaronComfortDog.
- Feast it Forward Lemonade Stand: Bi-Monthly FundraiserProceeds will benefit St. John’s Lutheran School and LCC Comfort Dog Aaron’s MinistryOutside Oxbow Market610 1st Street Napa Saturday, May 26, 2018 from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM See attached flyer
- Ministry Opportunity: St. John’s participates in The Table ministry (based at First Presbyterian Church, 1333 Third St. in Napa) by cooking/serving a meal every month on the 2nd Friday. If you would like to help, please sign up for a shift (or multiple shifts) by clicking here. We thank you for your service. Your time and your talents are greatly appreciated. Blessings, The Table Team
- Recycle your Household Batteries at SJL: St. John’s Lutheran is working with Napa Recycling on collecting and disposing of any household batteries you may have; AAA, AA, C, D & 9 volt batteries. We will not accept automotive or drill batteries, only standard household batteries. Containers are available in the school office, church office, and Room 10.
- Campus Security: Please remember to check that doors are properly closed and locked as you leave the room you are using. Thanks for helping us take care of our campus.
- Abide Daily Devotion… How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and to subscribe to receive the devotions in your email each morning.