The proposed 2014-2015 Ministry Plan and Budget was passed by the Board of Directors in its meeting on May 13, 2014 and is now placed before the congregation for consideration. The Voters Meeting will take place on Sunday, June 8 at 11:30 in the Sanctuary.
We encourage you to read through the Proposed 2014-2015 Ministry Plan and Narrative Budget. Copies are available in the church entryway, the church office, on the website, and attached to the e-vine. The narrative explains the overall ministry and the specific goals for the coming year in each of the eight ministry areas. The financial tables describe the financial resources required to achieve those ministry goals. Each table presents the budget and projected expenses for the current year, as well as the proposed budget for each line item, while also providing information on the funding sources for each line item.
Key Features of the proposed Ministry Plan for 2014-2015
In addition to maintaining and improving all current ministries, the Ministry Plan includes the following key items:
- Increased financial support for discipleship efforts, including discipleship huddles and missional communities.
- Hiring a part-time worship leader to coordinate and lead the worship bands for the 10:15 service.
- Beginning the K9 Comfort Dog Ministry. Preparation for this ministry will go on throughout the year, and our Comfort Dog will arrive in the Spring.
- Maintaining and supporting the Lutheran Braille Workers Large Print Work Center. This transition has already taken place, but it is a new item for the budget.
- Working toward meeting the school’s Student Learner Outcomes and the Action Plan items:
- Update and Revise our School Technology Plan and begin its implementation
- Provide additional professional development training for new faculty members.
- Continue developing and implementing programs to enhance positive student relationships, especially in the middle school (6-8).
- More effectively coordinate the many service opportunities students are given throughout the grade levels to ensure students have multiple and varied service opportunities.
Additional features of the proposed 2014-2015 Budget
- The Church offering income is based on the projected offering income for the current year, which is $710,000. This is a 5% increase over last year.
- The School income is based on an enrollment of 264 and includes a 5% tuition increase.
- We used a 1.5% inflation fact for most non-compensation expenses
- The budget includes:
- Full implementation of the salary guideline adopted two years ago. This is the first year we have been able to fully implement the plan.
- Designated savings for a future external review of our finances and process ($10,000).
- Designated savings for capital upgrades ($5000).
- Designated savings for operating reserve ($8000).
- The proposed budget also includes a disbursement of $26,200 from the Endowment Fund for the following:
- Mission trips ($4,100)
- Professional growth ($6,000)
- Worship Leader ($5,000)
- Synodical university grants ($11,100)
We praise God for the privilege of being His people and His church. By His grace He provides the resources for carrying out His mission among us. To God be all the glory!