This Week’s Memory Verse
“The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!’” John 1:29
This Sunday: Last fall we journeyed through the book of Exodus, walking with the people of God as they were delivered from slavery in Egypt. This summer we will pick up the story of God’s deliverance of His people and continue their trek through the wilderness – both physical and spiritual – as He leads them at last across the Jordan to the promised land.
It is time to enter the land God promised to His people, but the Israelites rebelled and refused to go in. The 12 spies reported that it was a land following with milk and honey. They had an abundance of fruit to prove it. Ten of them also stirred up fear among the people because of the size of the inhabitants and the fortified cites. The Israelites refused to enter and wanted to go back to Egypt. Two of the spies, Joshua and Caleb, encourage them to not be guided by their fear of the circumstances, but to put their trust in the presence of the LORD. Do we allow the fear of our circumstances to lead us down the wrong path, or do we face them with the presence of the LORD?
- Numbers 13:1-3, 17-20, 26-33, 14:1-45
- Matthew 6:25-34
- Children’s Church: We have openings for children’s church leaders for both the preschool – 1st grade children’s church, and the 2nd through 4th Grade class. Are you interested in learning more about serving in this way. Please contact Pastor Mike.
- 2015 Church Directories are available for pick-up in the Narthex and the Church Office.
- Aaron Comfort Dog Visits: If you would like to request a visit from Aaron, please contact Tim or Christy Kramer @ 255-0119. For an update on his activities, please check out his Facebook page at AaronComfortDog
- Mission India: Please keep our Mission India Literacy trainer in your prayers. As announced in church, we have met the goal for financially supporting our trainer for this year. But we are still collecting support for Mission India which will go toward supporting other literacy trainers. To support this ministry financially, please make out your check to St. John’s. You can use the designated offering envelopes or write on your check that it is for Mission India. For more information about our partnership with Mission India and the opportunity to change lives and draw them to Christ, see the display in the church entryway.
- John’s is on Twitter Follow St. John’s on Twitter: @sjlcnapa.
- Are you on Facebook? So are we! https://www.facebook.com/sjlcnapa
- Abide Daily Devotion: How do I let Scripture guide my prayer life? How can I let Jesus direct what I pray for each day? The Abide Devotion, written by Pastor Mike, is a daily devotion designed to address these concerns. You can click here for more information and to subscribe to receive the devotion in your email each morning. http://stjohnslutheran.net/abide-devotion/